Friday, December 24, 2010
Friday, December 3, 2010
* 2 T softened butter
* 1 c sugar
* 2 egg whites
* 1.5 tsp vanilla
*1.5 c flour
*1.5 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 1/4 c water
* 1/2 c powdered sugar
1. Microwave 1 c of chocolate chips until melted. Stir until smooth, set aside. In med bowl, beat butter and sugar until lumpy. Add egg whites and vanilla, beat well. Add melted choclate.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to butter mix, alternating with water. Stir in remaining 1 c chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
3. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in powdered sugar. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake 350* for 10-12 min. Let cool on wire racks.
*** I recently recieved a "Tast of Home - Best Loved Cookies and Candies 2010" cooking magazine, which is where I found this recipe. Thought I would give a shoutout since this isnt an original recipe. :) Many more to come!
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
* When it is just me and quiet, or Steve and I she will move and kick all around, especially when I am eating!
* If there is a lot of noise in the background or a lot of people talking at once she is very still. Even if I am eating she doesn't budge. (which is interesting because at home she violently kicks at mealtimes!) Now as soon as I leave the noisy atmosphere, she wiggles all about again. Its like she just hangs out and listens.
* The exception is music. She goes crazy when music is on, especially at chuch when the worship band is going. Sunday morning worship is the loudest area of my week and it is definately her favorite. My little one loves the Lord! Or if I have music on in the house or car she dances around, but not nearly as much as church. I cant help but get teary eyed on Sundays, it is so precious!
* At night when I lay down for bed I can just watch my stomach move about. So I "play" with her by poking her and she will kick back. I call it playing, but Im sure it is more annoying to her than fun to be pushed.
* Steve has been able to feel her kick a couple of times. Here soon he should be able to feel it more often.
Today I am 24 weeks & 4 days. I will post a new belly pic when Steve brings the camera home.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
* I woke up early every morning that week in June and anxiously stared at that little stick praying it would show me two lines. It took 3 days before that happened. The moment it happened I panicked. I was terrified, I changed my mind, I take it back! My life was forever going to be different and I was no longer sure I was ready! I laugh now at that day and I also know I am not alone. All moms go through a moment of fear. My husband brought me back and reminded me that we trusted God and prayed for His timing and that magic urine was not by chance. Since that day I have been nothing but excited!
* You look at life completely differently. Actually you look at life as if you were a small child. I wonder what bad decisions our country is making that my baby is going to have to deal with. Suddenly issues on politics, safety and education have a new light. It isnt about what is best for me and my generation, it's about the generation coming up. I just voted for an election with a whole new perspective.
* Every child looks different. Especially since finding out baby is a girl. When I see a little baby girl or waddling toddler or little girl dancing around the grocery store I tear up. I imagine little dresses and hair bows and princesses. All children look different. They are more precious, more special and more beautiful than I ever thought before. (and I am a teacher at heart!)
* I love my husband in a whole new way. I cant wait to see him be a father. I see him stronger yet more gentle than before - even with that burley beard he refuses to shave. Watching him create the baby room - paint, install flooring, build the crib - was just as romanitc as the proposal. This is a little person, a little mix of both of us that will physically bind us forever. She is the result of love in a marriage between a husband and wife. You cant possibly understand this feeling unless you are married and expecting a baby. I only fathomed it before, and it was nothing I imagined.
* Your body transforms into one you no longer recognize. I cant name one area of my body not changed. Everything. Sometimes I am sinfully vain and hate my new body. Sometimes I feel liberated that I dont need to feel pressure to conform to societies standards. I'm beginning to view my new shiny stretch marks as badges of honor, a right of passage into motherhood, something to be proud of. And it always seems that in a moment when I am down, when I look in the mirror and see anything but a "glow", I get a kick, a precious little reminder that it doesnt matter anymore. She does. Growing this miracle is more joyous than a size 2 body.
* Most importantly my love for God has grown. I am being given a gift that I do not deserve. I get to be the mother of this child of God and can only hope that we can raise her to love Him as he truely desires. I pray continually for strength in this pregnancy, for both our health, and for wisdom to raise a daughter of the Lord. I am so thankful and blessed! We are so excited to meet this little person God is preparing for us, and so excited to see what is in store for the rest of our future!
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Friday, October 8, 2010
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Saturday, October 2, 2010
This is was at 13 weeks. There is a BIG difference that's only going to get bigger! :O
Some of my crazy pregnancy symptoms so far:
* This burger is an example of a specific craving. I had to have a giant, greasy, bar burger. Steve made this for me and it was delicious! I ate the WHOLE THING! He was surprised. An hour later I was back in the kitchen looking for a snack...haha the last couple weeks my appetite has really increased!
* My weirdest craving so far would have to be lemons. For a while just having them in my water was enough, then I started eating them...I couldnt get enough of the sour taste! :o)
* Aside from lemons I need something strong flavored with my meals. Pickles, onion, vinegar, italian dressing, spices, etc.
* I have been feeling the little one kick around the last couple of weeks. What an amazing experience! It makes all the not-so-pleasant side effects totally worth it! (I'll have to actually hold the little one to admit the stretch marks are worth it though...haha)
** We find out Wednesday the 6th if Baby is a Boy or a Girl**
Monday, August 9, 2010
Here is our little blessing!
10 weeks & 4 days Baby's arms/hands are up by the face (on the left) and you can see the tops of the knees - the feet are tucked under. We also heard the heart beat today! That was the most beautiful sound I have ever heard! I still cant believe there is a little person inside me! Baby was jumping and wiggling all around on the ultrasound...already an active little thing.
*I did end up having some morning sickness (nausea only thank goodness!) from weeks 6-9. Now it is pretty much gone, I am just SO tired all the time.
*No belly bump yet, just a few extra pounds from how much momma is eating!
*My official due date is March 3, 2011
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
- I'm almost 5 weeks along now
- I had a gut inuition long before a positive test...I know my body and something was different!
- Sometimes I will have a moment or so of nausea, but nothing to complain about.
- For the most part I have MORE energy now...but then again about 8pm and zonked out till morning.
- IM HUNGRY ALL THE TIME!!!!
- I cannot stand the smell of coffee (sad I know!) or anything greasy or deep fried. My two favorite things: Starbucks and a cheeseburger are off the menu for now!
- I crave sandwiches and fruit. I would eat a sandwich for every meal, but I dont think Steve would like that as much as me! Subway? Yes, please!
- I become out of breath quicker and cant workout for anywhere near where I used to. But slow and steady is fine for me... Im listening to my body and not pushing anything.
- I will be due sometime in early March (3-5). The Dr. will pinpoint that date at my first appt.
- We have our girl first name chosen for sure (but keeping that to ourselves till we know what Baby is.) Kinda decided on a girl middle name, and have no clue for a boy. We keep tossing around different boy names and one of us wont like it. We wont find out the gender till end of Sept-Oct. so we have lots of time to discuss it.
We are so excited and thank our family and friends who call me everyday to ask how I'm feeling and share their excitement. This is the most amazing experience Steve and I have yet to walk through..Thank you for sharing it with us!
Monday, June 28, 2010
And my favorite: the ice-cream maker attachment. I made french vanilla here and it only lasted 4 days! It was delicious. Nothing beats home made!
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Here's the nice chunck still in the back that was cut out. Its in our dump-run pile. but I wonder if they'll take it?
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Saturday, May 29, 2010
The before picture. He's patching that skylight.
Another before picture. Goodbye old roof! By this point I am also participating on the roof. I have to say it was my first time up on a roof and it took some getting used to. My job was to open the shingles and set them up for him so he just had to nail them down. We cruised pretty fast once we got started!
Sunday, May 16, 2010
These are my strawberry plants growing strong. We are starting to have lots of little berries on them, sometime soon they will explode with fruit! This is the very first berry and the only one that is now almost ripe. I am so excited!
My green onions. Still a long way to go, but they are getting big.
Lettuce, spinach and carrots
One of the clusters of radishes. They should be the first crop that I can enjoy. Steve built this gate for me this weekend. I love it! It keeps my beagle from seeing out front and barking all the time and it allows me more privacy when I'm out in the garden. He is so talented!
I planted these out front. They are the only flowers I have this year. Maybe I will plant more... Ive been so focused on my vegetables that I havent cared too much about flowers.