Sunday, May 16, 2010

Gardening

"The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." ~ Galatians 5:22

These are my strawberry plants growing strong. We are starting to have lots of little berries on them, sometime soon they will explode with fruit! This is the very first berry and the only one that is now almost ripe. I am so excited!


My green onions. Still a long way to go, but they are getting big.

Lettuce, spinach and carrots
My garden.
I surround it with smashed eggshells. This prevents slugs & snails from entering.

Jalapeno plant. I am praying it will live so Steve can have at least one pepper. That is all he wanted!

One of the clusters of radishes. They should be the first crop that I can enjoy. Steve built this gate for me this weekend. I love it! It keeps my beagle from seeing out front and barking all the time and it allows me more privacy when I'm out in the garden. He is so talented!


I planted these out front. They are the only flowers I have this year. Maybe I will plant more... Ive been so focused on my vegetables that I havent cared too much about flowers.
Well my garden - and gardening skills - have come a long way so far! It is so relaxing to work in the garden, especially in the early morning or evening. I completely understand now why Jesus liked to pray in a garden! The solitude is peaceful. If all vegetables fail, it is still worth it. More pictures to come later!

No comments:

Post a Comment