Friday, February 8, 2013

Broccoli Salad Recipe

So I completely forgot that I had a blog until someone asked me for this recipe. Hmmm, now that O is nearly 6 months old, it's time for an update I think! Anyway here is a delicious recipe that I made many times over the holidays for gatherings and such. The recipe is a single batch but I almost always doubled or tripled (for a large group) it.

You need:
A head of broccoli chopped into bite size pieces
1/2 c. raisins
1/4 c. red onion, chopped
2 TBL sugar
3 TBL white wine vinegar
1c. mayo
1c. walnuts, chopped
10 or so bacon slices, chopped

1) Cook and chop bacon, set aside
2) In a large bowl, toss broccoli, raisins, onion
3) In seperate bowl whisk sugar, mayo and vinegar. Pour over boccoli and gently toss to coat. Add bacon and nuts, toss.
4) Best when refigerated at least 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment