Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pizza Night

First off, I LOVE MY KITCHENAID MIXER!! It makes the best bread.
Now that my hubby is home, I am happy to be back in my kitchen. The other night I made homemade a pizza. It was amazing!
Dough:
1 pgk. active dry yeast
1 c. warm water (105-115)
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp olive oil
2 1/2 - 3 1/2 c. flour
1 TBL cornmeal
1. Disolve yeast in warm water in warmed mixing bowl. Add oil, salt an 2 1/2 c. flour. Attach dough hook and bowl to mixer. Turn to speed 2 and mix for 1 min.
2. Continuing on speed 2, add remaing flour 1/2 c. at a time and mix until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of the bowl about 2 min. Knead 2 min longer.
3. Place dough in greased bowl and turn over (grease all dough). Cover and let rise in warm place 1 hour or until double in size. Punch down dough.
4. Spread cornmeal on pizza pan or cookie sheet. Spread dough out, leaving an edge around sides. Add toppings. Bake at 450* for 15-20 min... YUM!
As you can see, Steve chose pepperoni and I like bell pepper, onions and mushrooms. This was Steve's opinion. :o)

And just for fun...my beagle tangled himself in my curtains. I had to laugh at him and take a picture before I rescued him. Silly boy.




No comments:

Post a Comment