I researched a lot of differnt recipes and kind of created my own, super simple version of peppermint bark. I'm way behind on my blog, but enjoy for next year!
2 bags milk chocolate chips
2 bags white chocolate chips
12 smashed candycanes
1 cookie sheet with edges
1. Place wax paper on cookie sheet, making sure it hangs over the edges of the sheet.
2. Melt milk chocolate chips. (Either lower heat on stove, or microwave in 30 sec. increments) Mix a drop or two peppermint extract.
3. Pour into wax paper cookie sheet and even out over the entire bottem of sheet. Put in fridge while melting white chocolate chips.
4. Pour melted white choc. (w/ 2 drops peppermint) on top of solid milk chocolate. Coat top with smashed candycanes and gently press in to secure chunks into white chocolate.
5. Place cookie sheet in fridge for an hour.
6. Lift solid block out of cookie sheet by wax paper and put on cutting board. Find a big sharp chopping knife and strong husband to cut the Peppermint Bark into squares.