Thursday, January 28, 2010

2010 update

Thoughts so far in my New Year - 2010


Outside the window... it has stopped raining. Not too cold, not be any means warm and without the rain, it is a nice Washington winter morning.


I'm thinking... how blessed I am. I have more than everything I need. Even if the hubby is away, I am still truely blessed.


I'm thankful for... my husband who is away providing for his family. And my family, who is taking care of me while I am manning the fort.


I'm wearing... jeans and a button-up. Even on days off, I still dress like a teacher.


I am remembering... to pick up things for Steve's package. And that I need to mail him a package. A little taste of home.


I'm going... to my in-laws soon. Time for baking, crocheting and some needed family time.


I'm currently reading... Two books by Martha Peace. Damsels in Distress and The Excellent Wife. Both use the Bible to help encourage women in the world we live in today. Damsels in Distress goes with the women's group I am involved with at church. Both are a must read for every Christian woman/wife!


I'm hoping...that May may come a little bit faster. Or that Steve may arrive home earlier than planned.


I'm noticing that... God is busy working on my prayers. Lately I really feel He is here. And for that I am so thankful! I am not alone.


I am pondering these words... " We wait in hope for the Lord: he is our help and our shield In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." Psalm 33:20-22 These words have been mine this week, I can't seem to get enough of this passage.


From the kitchen... The kitchen has been pretty dead since I have no hubby to cook/bake for.


One of my favorite things... lately it has been waking up next to my puppies. They used to sleep in the crates, but they sleep with me now, and are always so excited when the alarm goes off. It is hard to wake up in a bad mood when someone is so excited to see me awake.


Goals I am working toward... Oh where do I start! Well three goals (not resolutions!) I have for this year are to lose weight and keep it off, save more and spend less, and make more charitable contributions. So far so good on all three of those. Another goal is to become more involved with our church, that is going great too.


A picture I would like to share...


Last college roomie vacation. I just love this photo. August 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment