I could only last 7 weeks without baking something! I just wanted one! I halved the recipe below on both the cake and the frosting. They turned out very yummy. YELLOW CAKE
3/4 c. softened butter
3 eggs (30 min room temp)
2 1/2 c. flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 3/4 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 c. milk
1. Grease and lightly flour muffin pans. Or use muffin trays. In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar 1/4 c. at a time till well bleneded. Beat another two min. Add 1 egg at a time beating after each. Beat in vanilla.
3. Alternately add in flour mixture and milk beating on low speed until combined. Spread batter into pans.
3. Bake in 375* for 11-12 min. (mini muffin pans) check center of one with toothpick! Remove from pans once finished and let COOL COMPLETELY on wire racks. Frost with frosting below.
WHITE FROSTING - PEPPERMINT
1 c. shortening
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp peppermint extract. *(or lemon, almond, orange, ,etc.)*
4 1/2 c. powder sugar (about 1 lb)
3 -4 TBS mik
1. Beat in med bowl shortening, vanilla, and extract for 30 seconds on med. speed. Slowly add half the powdered sugar, beating well. Add 2TBS of milk. Gradually beat in remaining powdered sugar and enough remaining milk to reach spreading consistency.
REMEMBER: I HALVED THIS RECIPE TO MAKE 28 MINI CUPCAKES. THIS FULL RECIPE IS FOR LARGE CUPCAKES OR TWO 8" CAKE ROUNDS. :)