Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Today I Made - Salsa

Pinterst gave me a little inspiration, but I didnt like their recipe so I crafted my own. First off, if you know me, you know I hardly cook with a recipe or measure anything. That's for baking. :) I will do my best to list an approximate.


This salsa isnt spicy at all. Next time I might add a little jalapeno to give it a little kick.
I cheated and used canned tomatoes. I hate tomatoes and chopping them, so if I can get away with a can I will. This year I will try to grow my own (for the only purpose of this and canning pasta sauce) then I will cut them. Anyways...

2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can chopped green chilis
half a bunch of fresh cilantro
minced garlic - like one spoonful scoop
dash of garlic powder
half a bunch of green onion
red pepper flakes (here you can do just a couple shakes or a lot)
1tsp at least of salt. I like salt so I did a bit more.
half a small onion
half a medium bell pepper

Throw it all in a food processor. (I chopped it down into smaller chunks first) I did the tomatoes seperate because I didnt want them as fine. Then I just mixed it all in a big bowl. Give it a couple hours in the fridge to really taste the flavors. This made between 3-4c. of salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment