Monday, January 23, 2012

Italian Crab Cakes

I had the sudden desire for crab cakes today (thanks baby) and got quite the response when I posted a picture online without the recipe. Here is my favorite, super simple and amazingly delicious recipe!


Sauce:
1/2 c. mayo and 2 Tbs Basil Pesto. Mix together and chill in fridge while making crab cakes. (I would half this jst because it makes a lot for 8 cakes and I like minimal sauce so it doesnt overpower my crab...)

Crab Cakes
1 lb. lump crabmeat
1/2 c. Italian breadcrumbs
1 beaten egg
1/3 c. mayo
2 Tbl basil pesto
Olive oil (1-2 Tbl)

In Large bowl mix all ingredients except the oil. Shape into 8  - 3" patties (the size as above, you dont want them too thick to cook, but not flat either.) In a skillet heat oil over medium heat. Cook patties in oil 4-5 minutes on each side (try to only turn once) until golden brown. Drain on paper towels if needed. Serve with sauce.

Usually I only make these on special occassion (crab is not cheap in January!) but I sure savored every bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment