Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Bacon-Ranch-Chicken....Crockpot!

I recently broke down and bought a new crockpot (I know, big slurge! lol) and have searched out some new Crock Pot recipes.

This recipe is credited to CrockPotGirls on Facebook. (Like them if you haven't already!) However I did make some changes and created my own variation.

You will need:
3 oz package bacon pieces (or cook your own for more flavor)
1 tsp minced garlic
1 pkg Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch Dressing Powder
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup (Orginal recipe is 1 family size can, there is only a  few ounces different)
1-ish cups half & half (orginal is 1c sour cream)
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1) Combine first 5 ingredients in bowl to create creamy sauce.
2) Place thawed chicken in bottom of CrockPot
3) Pour sauce over chicken
4) Cook high 3.5 hrs. (Do not go over, it will dry it out!)

*The orginal recipe called for serving it over egg noodles. I am not a fan of egg noodles, so I made a Garlic Red Potato Mash instead and it was awesome together! Steve went back in for seconds, so I know it was a hit! I admit, not the most healthy or nutritious dinner,  but it sure was yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment