Saturday, October 10, 2009

TODAY I MADE: Cake Brownies

These brownies taste like a light chocolate cake, or a really fluffy brownie. I could make the same thing from a box, but I am satisfied knowing it is from scratch, and I know EXACTLY what is in them. So easy and yummy!
3/4 c. butter
1 1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 c. milk
1. Grease 15x10x1 pan (or slightly smaller) with cooking spray, set aside. Preheat oven to 350*.
2. Melt butter in med. saucepan. Stir in cocoa and sugar until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and beat with wooden spoon until combined.
3. In small bowl mix flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add flour mixture and milk alternately into chocolate mix, beating with spoon after each addition.
4. Pour batter into pan. Bake 15-18 min or until toothpick is clean when inserted.
5. Cool for 2 hours on wire rack.
*You can add nuts if desired before baking. I do not like brownies with nuts, so I left them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment