Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Believe That Getting Your Hands Dirty, Cleanses Your Mind

"He who plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see a plant, believes in God."
My garden is finally planted! It will all look much bigger when everything starts to grow. My cucumber plants ( I planted 3 and will leave the strongest 2) look so tiny outside now!
It's hard to see but there are 4 hills here. Today I planted 2 hills with lettuce, 2 with spinach and then carrots inbetween the hills. The little green plants at the top right are the jalapenos.


Out of all those seedlings I transplanted the strongest 3 of cucumbers, jalapenos and bell peppers. Hopefully at least one from each will produce for us. Also planted today in between each of the other plants were more carrots, radishes, and green onions. More pics to come when they all start to spout and it looks like a garden, not like dirt with a few green things. :o)

Regardless, I am happy that I have a garden this year. And happy that I have my kitchen back too!




No comments:

Post a Comment